Friday, September 14, 2012

Does it get any better?

I had one of those mornings that I woke up earlier then I'd have liked and found myself wide awake. As I lay there I just knew I needed to get up and spend some time with my Lord. So I made some coffee and headed outside to read the word. It was about 35 degrees outside so I made a fire too.

I couldnt hardly focus on reading because I was in such awe of creation. So I turned on some worship music and just sat. What an amazing God we love and serve!

We forget about God so often and we don't realize how many things distract us from resting in Him. Tv, video games, radio, work, friends and activities...even some of the good things we do distract us from resting in our maker. It's sad and it breaks my heart to know that I allow those things to keep me from the ultimate, Jesus.

We don't often just listen to the rustling of trees or the chirp of birds. We don't just sit and enjoy the colors of the sky. But this is something I want more of in my life. I want to worship my creator more. I want to see him in creation. I want to be a worshiper!

No comments:

Post a Comment